Field Trip Facilitator (up to 28 hours per week, Mon – Fri)
The Field Trip Facilitator is instrumental in helping to ensure a positive experience for our reserved groups arriving for field trips. The position is responsible for enthusiastically greeting and checking in reserved groups as they arrive, distributing all admission tickets, reviewing the daily schedule, providing general orientation of the facility, assisting with storage and execution of lunch and departure procedures. Pre- and post-visit administrative work will also be involved to assist with internal operations and group appreciation opportunities. This position is primarily Monday through Friday.
Accountabilities and Major Duties:
- Welcome students, teachers and chaperones in a friendly, informative, efficient and professional manner.
- Assist with group greeting, unloading, check-in, schedules, way-finding, lunch and departure for specified reserved groups during each shift while showing great enthusiasm for the museum and guests.
- Will serve as a liaison between food service, education, reservations and reserved groups to ensure accurate schedules have been set and that food preparation and all assigned programs are on-point.
- Contact reserved groups for welcome, introduction of Facilitator and review of trip details 24 – 48 hours in advance. Any changes must be communicated immediately to the affected internal departments.
- Lead the initiative for thank you and feedback opportunities within 5 business days of the group visit.
- Contact past groups who have not recently booked a field trip to encourage a return visit.
- Responsible for providing general information about the facility to reserved groups and the general public.
- Other duties as assigned.Minimum Job Qualifications:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Theater or acting background a plus.
- Previous customer service and/or experience working with children and teachers preferred.
- Comfort with public speaking including large groups and a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to communicate in an upbeat, positive, clear and professional manner.
- Ability to remain calm, courteous and flexible under pressure while working in a fast-paced environment with distractions.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills and the ability to multi-task daily.
- Ability to work independently and timely.
- Must be highly organized and very attentive to details. Accuracy in verbal and written communications is a must.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite required; experience in web-based applications a plus.Minimum Physical Job Qualifications:
- Must be able to climb stairs and access school buses/Charter buses.
- Must be able to sit, stand and/or walk for extended periods of time.
- Must have visual acuity and manual dexterity.
- Must be able to operate a computer and telephone equipment.Back to Employment Opportunities