Reservations Specialist (up to 20 hours/week; up to 24 hours/week)
McWane Science Center counts on the Reservations Specialist to be an enthusiastic and knowledgeable first impression of McWane Science Center by assisting guests, including group leaders, in planning their visits by providing accurate information about all exhibits, events, IMAX films, memberships and other activities in the center.
Accountabilities and Major Duties
- Handle all phone, fax, online and e-mail inquiries regarding any reservations: group, school, or general.
- Understand and be able to communicate clearly to customers all vital information regarding programs, exhibits, events, IMAX films, other McWane Science Center activities and areas as well as McWane Science Center policies.
- Suggest and sell memberships and other programs or items that meet prospective visitors needs and interests.
- Provide exemplary internal communications and records for all reservations.
- Provide friendly, professional service for any customer service needs; resolve or assist in resolution of issues – internally as well as with visitors.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- 2+ years first-contact customer service experience required.
- Call center or reservations experience preferred.
- Flexible working hours and days, including weekends and holidays. Minimum 2 weekends per month required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 3+ years computer experience: working knowledge of programs including, but not limited to: Microsoft Office 2000, e-mail and internet functions.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills with the ability to work effectively to meet the customers’ needs.
- Organized and efficient work habits.
- Capable to working in fast paced environment with distractions with or without supervision.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
Minimum Physical Job Qualifications
- Ability to sit/stand for extended periods of time without being able to leave the work area.
- Ability to perform work using computer for extended periods of time.
- Ability to hear and use a headset for extended periods of time.
- Visual acuity.
Back to Employment Opportunities