Summer Junior Teen Program
This program is an exciting, hands-on experience for students interested in STEAM and working with children of all ages. McWane’s Junior Teen Program prepares students to be future Teen Volunteers and Teen Leaders. In addition to inspiring a lifelong love of learning and positively impacting the lives of our youth, Summer Teen Volunteers gain invaluable experience in public speaking, work ethic, and leadership.
- Applicants must complete 6th or 7th grade in May 2017.
- Applicants must submit the following:
- Online application form (submit here)
- One character reference letter from a non-relative
- One professional or educational letter of recommendation
- Applicants must attend an interview to be considered for the program.
- If accepted, Teen Volunteers MUST attend ONE training session: May 31st-June 1st OR June 7th-8th
Junior Teen Volunteers must volunteer a minimum of 50 hours by the end of the summer program
- Option 1: Early Decision—All applicants that apply and submit their supporting documents by February 25, 2017, will be invited to interview in early March and will receive a decision by March 15th. If waitlisted, applicants will receive a final decision no later than May 1,
- Option 2: All applications and supporting documents must be submitted by April 1, 2017. All applicants will be invited to interview within the first two weeks of April, and will receive a decision no later than May 1, 2017.
*No late applications will be accepted.
- 20% off in the Café.
- 25% off in the Really Cool Stuff store.
- FREE family membership after completing 100 volunteer hours.
- The ability to check in friends and family members while on duty.
- The opportunity to share your passion for science and learning with the community!
*If you are 18 years of age or will turn 18 during the summer, you must submit to a criminal background check at no cost to you.
*A list of Frequently Asked Questions (with answers!) coming soon