McWane Science Center counts on the Visitor Services Representative to be an enthusiastic and knowledgeable first impression of the McWane Science Center; assist visitors, including group leaders, plan their trips with accurate information about all exhibits, events, IMAX films, memberships and other activities in the center and resolve any issues with a positive and polite attitude.
Accountabilities and Major Duties
1. Greet, inform and respond to all customers with sincerity, enthusiasm, positivity and impeccable customer service skills.
2. Understand and be able to communicate clearly to customers all vital information regarding programs, exhibits, events, IMAX films, and other McWane Science Center activities and areas.
3. Suggest and sell memberships and other programs that meet the visitors needs and interests.
4. Greet, check-in, and otherwise assist all groups with any questions, scheduling or other issues.
5. Accurately process cash and credit card transactions. Maintain a balanced cash drawer.
6. Provide friendly, professional service for any customer service needs and resolve or assist in the resolution of any issues.
7. Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Qualifications
1. High School diploma or equivalent
2. Flexible working hours and days including weekends and holidays
3. Excellent customer service skills
4. Strong communication and interpersonal skills
5. 1+ year cash handling experience
6. 1+ year customer service experience
7. Point of Sale computer experience
8. Demonstrated ability to count down and balance a cash drawer
9. Capable to working in fast paced environment with distractions
10. Computer skills
11. Must be at least 18 years of age
Minimum Physical Job Qualifications:
1. Ability to sit/stand for extended periods of time without being able to leave the work area
2. Ability to perform work using computer for extended periods of time
3. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds
4. Ability to hear/use a headset for extended periods of time
5. Visual acuity
Benefits include discounts in our gift shop, free membership and on-site parking.