Our programs support your curriculum and meet the Alabama Course of Study Standards (ACOSS) and National Science Education Standards (NSES). McWane Science Center makes science exciting and inspires exploration in each of the young minds that enter our doors.
Help us continue our mission by booking a field trip and becoming our partner in changing lives through science and wonder.
Educator Advisory Committee
The goal of the McWane Educator Advisory Committee is to foster collaboration and learning among teachers and be an advocate for McWane’s mission to spark wonder and curiosity about our world through hands-on science.
Educator Advisory Committee members will:
1. Be involved in evaluating, piloting and developing educational programs produced by McWane’s Education Department.
2. Help connect McWane’s education programs to state standards and the needs of classroom teachers.
3. Be willing to serve on the advisory committee for a 2-year term.
4. Receive one free McWane on the Go classroom program during the school year.
5. Receive a one-year family membership to McWane Science Center.
6. Meet three times per year at the Museum.
Application deadline: September 6, 2019
Notification: September 13, 2019
The Educator Advisory Committee is open to all classroom teachers, Pre-K to 12th grade, informal educators with teaching experience, and community representatives working directly with children ages 0-18 years.
Applications must be received by McWane Science Center no later than Friday, September 6, 2019.
For an up-to-date guide on educational resources available at the McWane Science Center, please see our current Resource Directory (PDF).
If your school or organization requires a copy of this form, you can download a certified copy of McWane Science Center’s Affidavit and Memorandum of Understanding for E-Verify.