*SPARKING WONDER & CURIOSITY ABOUT OUR WORLD THROUGH HANDS-ON SCIENCE EXPERIENCES*
McWane Science Center counts on the Gift Shop Associate to support the daily operations of the gift shop, Cool Stuff Store, by providing excellent customer service and a clean, relaxed shopping environment for all customers and guests and by assisting with all sales and merchandising.
Must be able to work weekends and a minimum of 2 full days during the week.
McWane Science Center is open Monday — Friday from 9AM until 5PM; Saturday 10AM – 6PM; and Sunday 12PM until 6PM.
Major Duties include:
1. Assisting in maintaining a clean, relaxed, and friendly shopping environment, assisting with all product check-in while maintaining an accurate inventory, and maintaining a clean, neat visual presentation of all mentioned product.
2. Greeting all customers with sincerity and enthusiasm and offering to assist all customers with extensive product knowledge and a friendly attitude.
3. Completing all visitor transactions accurately and in a timely manner. Following all opening/closing procedures as directed by supervisory staff.
4. Answering all incoming calls and guest inquires with a positive attitude.
5. Assisting in maintaining store cleanliness and merchandising of products.
6. Maintaining a high level of professionalism in performing assigned duties and tasks in representing McWane Science Center.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Flexible working hours and days throughout the 7-day week.
3. Excellent customer service and communication skills with the ability to meet the customer’s needs.
4. Pleasant, outgoing personality.
5. Legible handwriting.
6. Two years cash handling/customer service experience.
7. Demonstrated ability to count down and balance a cash drawer.
8. Capable of working in a fast pace environment with distractions.
9. Working knowledge of computers.
10. Must be at least 18 years of age to apply.
Minimum Physical Job Qualifications:
1. Able to climb a step-ladder to merchandise or retrieve products.
2. Perform work utilizing a computer for extended periods of time.
3. Stand for extended periods of time without being able to leave the work area.
4. Ability to operate a computer and register.
5. Ability to push and pull up to 50 lbs.
6. Visual and hearing acuity.
Benefits include 403(b) retirement savings plan; free membership; discounts in our gift shop and food court; and on-site parking.
Back to Employment Opportunities