McWane Science Center counts on the Cashier to accurately process transactions for purchases in the café/food court area; maintain the appearance and consumables in the dining room; and provide an excellent customer service experience to café guests.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
1. 6 months cash handling experience required – 1 year preferred.
2. Be able to perform basic math without use of a calculation devise.
3. Be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
4. Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
5. Must be able to provide excellent customer service.
6. Must be able to process transactions quickly and accurately.
7. Must be familiar with currency handling procedures and be able to correctly make change.
8. Must be18 years of age.
Minimum Physical Job Qualifications:
1. Ability to stand, walk, climb and be mobile for 8-14 hours per day.
2. Ability to access any area of the museum quickly, including stairs.
3. Ability to push, pull and lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
4. Ability to communicate and enunciate clearly on the portable radios.
5.Possess good reflexes and physical dexterity in the hands and wrist.
6. Visual and hearing acuity.
Benefits include discounts in our gift shop and food court; 403(b) retirement savings plan; free membership; and on-site parking.