*SPARKING WONDER AND CURIOSITY ABOUT OUR WORLD THROUGH HANDS-ON SCIENCE EXPERIENCES*
The Development Manager for Individual Giving is primarily responsible for providing support to McWane Science Center’s fund development efforts. This includes, but is not limited to, managing individual donor giving programs; preparing and distributing donor communications; proposal writing; managing donor events; maintaining accurate information about donors; and managing donor benefits.
Accountabilities and Major Duties
1. Responsible for identifying, soliciting, stewarding, maintaining, renewing, and upgrading individual donors at the $2,500 and below levels.
2. Responsible for all aspects of solicitation, stewardship, renewing, communications, and events related to young leaders group, New Element.
3. Develop and prepare donor prospect packets and proposals.
4. Responsible for keeping updated records in donor database, The Raiser’s Edge.
5. Assist with creating collateral materials related to donor relations, development, recruitment, and retention.
6. Assist with updating the development section of the website.
7. Plan and implement donor appreciation and cultivation events and activities.
8. Provide staff support for annual special fundraising campaigns, events and activities.
9. Work with the Director of Development Administration on gift acknowledgement process for individual donors.
10. Responsible for communicating and delivering benefits for individual donors.
11. Assist with individual donor prospect research.
12. Secure and manage in-kind support/donations for events including related data entry, processing acknowledgement letters and correspondence.
13. Responsible for managing some development expenses.
14. Responsible for some assistance with the membership program as needed.
1. Bachelor’s degree required.
2. 2+years of fundraising experience preferred.
3. Website experience preferred.
4. Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other fundraising softwares preferred.
5. Must be a self-motivated person that requires minimal supervision.
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
7. Strong organizational skills.
8. Outstanding work and personal ethics.
9. Willing to work flexible hours and some weekends.
10. Valid driver’s license subject to an acceptable Motor Vehicle Report as well as proof of minimum liability insurance.
Minimum Physical Qualifications
1. Perform work utilizing a computer for extended periods of time.
2. Ability to sit/stand for extended periods of time.
3. Hearing and visual acuity.
4. Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
Benefits include health, dental and life insurance; 403(b) retirement savings plan; paid time off; free membership; discounts in our gift shop and food court; and on-site parking.
Please include desired salary when applying.
Back to Employment Opportunities