Assists with the organization and implementation of Overnight Adventures at McWane Science Center as well as offer support for other special events including but not limited to birthday parties. The Overnight Adventure Specialist is responsible for providing excellent customer service to all guests and supporting the operations of Special Events through the organization and distribution of all program materials; leading various activities and programs; spending the night according to the overnight rotation; and working directly with the Director of Events to ensure cohesiveness, productivity, and thorough communication within the organization.
Accountabilities and Major Duties
1. Spend the night at McWane Science Center according to the overnight rotation schedule.
2. Present exciting, up-to-date, hands-on pre-written science programs for special events.
3. Support the Special Events department in the preparation, setup, execution, and breakdown, of all events, including but not limited to overnight adventures and birthday parties, that meet and exceed the clients’ expectations.
4. Provide excellent customer service and communication skills to past, present and future guests.
5. Gather all materials needed for event programs and assuring all materials are setup and distributed in a timely manner.
6. Facilitate on-site client contact to both current and prospective clients, including but not limited to check in, guest liaison, explaining programs and procedures, etc.
7. Prepare for events by organizing and counting inventory when needed for overnight.
Minimum Job Qualifications
1. High school diploma.
2. Must be at least 21 years of age.
3. Flexible working hours and days throughout a seven-day work week including nights, weekends, and holidays. Weekend and evening work availability required. Spends the night at McWane Science Center according to the overnight rotation schedule.
4. Excellent customer service and communication skills.
5. Comfortable in speaking to large groups.
6. Enthusiasm for working with children and adults of all ages.
7. Pleasant, outgoing personality.
8. Capable of working in a fast-paced environment with distractions.
9. Ability to work independently with little or no supervision.
10. Organized and efficient work habits.
11. Proficient computer skills.
12. Team player.
13. Ability to handle small animals, including reptiles, in program presentations required.
14. Possession of non-expired national or county issued food safety certification preferred.
Minimum Physical Job Qualifications
1. Ability to stay awake and be engaging and attentive for extended periods of time, including during non-traditional hours.
2. Ability to stand for up to eight hours at a time.
3. Ability to lift, carry, push, or pull objects up to fifty pounds.
4. Ability to work non-traditional shifts and extended days.
5. Ability to stoop or crouch by bending at the waist or bending legs.
6. Ability to walk for extended periods of time.
7. Exposure to constant or intermittent high noise levels.
8. Hearing and Visual acuity.
Benefits include free membership; discounts in our gift shop and food court; and on-site parking.