SPARKING WONDER AND CURIOSITY ABOUT OUR WORLD
The part-time IMAX Associate (25 hours per week) is responsible for all aspects of operation and visitor service within McWane Science Center’s motion-based virtual reality simulator and will also be responsible for the concessions area with cross-training in Theater Host (and seasonal holiday and summer) responsibilities in order to support the daily operations of the IMAX Theater department.
Accountabilities and Major Duties
1. Welcome and greet each visitor with enthusiasm. Answer visitor questions in a courteous and helpful manner.
2. Run all safety and cleaning inspections at simulator and concessions according to established procedures at the beginning and end of each shift. Report any problems or concerns to your supervisor.
3. Ensure that the simulator and concessions areas are well-stocked and cleaned appropriately per Health Department standards at the end of each shift. Communicate with department head any items that need to be ordered or repaired.
4. Accurately process cash and credit card transactions in a timely manner. Maintain a balanced cash drawer.
5. Follow established procedures for emergency evacuation in a timely and professional manner.
6. Assist in the general housekeeping of all areas of the IMAX Theater and simulator area.
7. Cross train in other areas of IMAX when appropriate.
1. Customer service experience.
2. Friendly, outgoing personality.
3. Ability to effectively communicate with various groups and age levels.
4. Ability to work with a variety of people including visitors, staff, volunteers and service personnel.
5. Flexible schedule including nights, holidays and weekends.
6. Six (6) months of cash handling experience.
7. Ability to properly count down and balance a cash drawer in a timely manner.
8. Minimum 18 years of age.
9. Possess non-expired national or county issued food safety certification or obtain no later than 30 days of hire date.
Benefits include free membership; discounts in our gift shop and camp progam; and on-site parking as well as the option to participate in our 403(b) retirement savings plan including company match.
Back to Employment Opportunities