IMAX Theater Projectionist (part-time up to 25 hours per week)
*SPARKING WONDER AND CURIOSITY ABOUT OUR WORLD THROUGH HANDS-ON SCIENCE EXPERIENCES*
McWane Science Center counts on the IMAX Projectionist to be responsible for the operation of theater systems and assisting with the supervision of Theater Hosts, IMAX Associates and volunteers to ensure the highest possible visitor satisfaction, presentation quality and operational efficiency.
Accountabilities and Major Duties
- Operate and maintain theater projection, sound, ancillary equipment according to established procedures and practices, to ensure highest possible presentation quality.
- Supervise monitoring of theater presentations.
- Storage of all theater media, equipment, and supplies, according to established procedures and practices.
- Follow procedures for timing and cueing between projection room, hosting staff and ticketing.
- Assist in promotion of McWane Science Center and theater programs and events.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Background or experience in electrical or electronic equipment operation, repair and maintenance (specifically audio, video, or projection equipment).
- Experience running a “film” projection system preferred.
- Strong skills in analytical thinking.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work well under time constraints, for extended hours, and in stressful situations.
- Must have flexible availability throughout the 7-day week including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Possess non-expired national or county issued food safety certification or obtain no later than 30 days of hire date.
Minimum Physical Job Qualifications:
- Ability to climb stairs and/or ladder.
- Ability to lift and/or push at least 100 lbs.
- Good eyesight at various distances.
- Ability to hear clearly with both ears.
- Excellent manual dexterity.
- Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods.
- Ability to use a computer.
Benefits include a free membership; discounts in the gift shop, café and camp programs; 403(b) retirement plan; and on-site parking.
Back to Employment Opportunities