*SPARKING WONDER AND CURIOSITY ABOUT OUR WORLD*
McWane Science Center counts on the Manager of Member Services to develop and implement strategies for meeting membership revenue goals and ensure that we are providing the best possible customer service in order to support membership sustainability and growth. The Manager of Member Services will also work with the development staff to help support contributed revenue goals as needed.
The typical work week for this position is Tuesday through Saturday with one Saturday off per month.
Accountabilities and Major Duties
1. Develop and execute a plan to enable the organization to meet its goals for membership.
2. Assist with managing direct marketing campaigns including e-blasts, postcards, newsletters, and other projects by maintaining and growing accurate contact lists.
3. Survey members and evaluate membership processes to sustain and adjust to best practices and to support member customer service needs.
4. Design and implement regular member stewardship events to include, but not limited to, Member Mondays, Exhibit Openings, Member Holiday Party, etc.
5. Oversee the operation of the Member Service Desk.
6. Manage the Membership Coordinator position as well as all member desk staff.
7. Maintain high standards and lead by example in regards to customer service within the membership department; hold membership staff accountable for delivering optimal service in person, on the telephone and through electronic communication.
8. Manage all customer service complaints related to membership, if possible and, if necessary, engage the senior team in helping overcome member services challenges within their respective areas.
9. Organize and implement member solicitation activities to include, but not limited to, direct mail campaigns, speaking engagements, promotion events, community partnerships, etc.
10. Assist with corporate bulk and corporate member solicitations and help ensure that we keep all promised benefits for corporate sponsorships.
11. Assist with fundraising events, as needed.
12. Support overall functions of Membership/Development and McWane Science Center.
13. Maintain a high level of professionalism in performing assigned duties and responsibilities.
1. Bachelor’s degree required.
2. Website experience preferred.
3. Experience with sales and fundraising software preferred.
4. 2+years of marketing or fundraising experience preferred.
5. Must be a self-motivated person that requires minimal supervision.
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
7. Strong organizational skills.
8. Outstanding work and personal ethics.
9. Willing to work flexible hours and weekends.
10. Valid Alabama driver’s license and minimum liability insurance as required by State law.
Minimum Physical Qualifications
1.Perform work utilizing a computer for extended periods of time.
2.Ability to sit/stand for extended periods of time.
4.Must be able to operate a motor vehicle.
Benefits include health, dental and life insurance; 403(b) retirement savings plan; paid time off; free membership; discounts in our gift shop and food court; and on-site parking.