The Member Services Representative is an enthusiastic and knowledgeable first impression of McWane Science Center and is responsible for assisting members with checking-in, selling memberships and processing renewals at the Member Desk; providing accurate information about all exhibits, events, IMAX films and other activities in the center; and resolving any issues with a positive and polite attitude. Work days generally include a rotating combination of weekday and weekend mornings (for example: Saturday from 9:45AM to1:30PM and/or Sunday 11:45AM – 3:00PM and/or weekday mornings 8:45AM – 12PM).
Accountabilities and Major Duties
*Work closely with Visitor Services (Ticketing & Reservations) to ensure that members receive the highest standard of customer service and stewardship.
*Accurately process cash and credit card transactions. Maintain a balanced cash drawer.
*Suggest and sell memberships and other programs that meet the visitors’ needs and interests.
*Understand and be able to communicate clearly to customers all vital information regarding McWane Science Center memberships, exhibits, events, IMAX films and other activities and areas.
*Provide friendly, professional service for any customer service need and resolve or assist in the resolution of any issues.
*Assist in the processing of membership information. This includes, but may not be limited to, data entry, assembling/mailing packets and maintaining filing systems.
1. High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Flexible working hours and days including weekends and holidays.
3. Excellent customer service skills.
4. Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
5. 1+ year cash handling experience.
6. 1+ year customer service experience.
7. Point-of-Sale computer experience.
8. Demonstrated ability to count down and balance a cash drawer.
9. Capable to working in fast paced environment with distractions.
10. Computer skills.
11. Must be at least 18 years of age.
Minimum Physical Qualifications
1. Ability to sit/stand for extended periods of time without being able to leave the work area.
2. Ability to perform work using computer for extended periods of time.
3. Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
4. Ability to hear/use a headset for extended periods of time.
5. Visual acuity.
Benefits include free membership; discounts in our gift shop, food court and camps; and on-site parking.
Back to Employment Opportunities