*SPARKING WONDER & CURIOSITY ABOUT OUR WORLD THROUGH HANDS-ON SCIENCE EXPERIENCES*
McWane Science Center counts on the Kitchen Supervisor to ensure daily operations and productivity of the Café and its staff are upheld and cleanliness standards are being met.
Accountabilities and Major Duties
1. Work with café staff to establish a productive environment and work to maintain that environment by delegating projects, issuing breaks and ensuring that daily cafe operations are being completed.
2. Act in supervisory role in the absence of the Director of Food and Beverage and Café Production Manager.
3. Work alongside Director to ensure catering menus, plans and directions are explained and followed by staff and assist in the preparation, cooking and presentation of food items for restaurant and catering service.
4. Assist in making sure all controls set in place by the Director of Food and Beverage are adhered to: goods, labor, and utilities.
5. Other duties as assigned.
1. Minimum 2 years restaurant experience or equivalent.
2. Possess national or county issued food safety certification.
3. Be knowledgeable of the principles of providing quality customer service, customer needs assessment and evaluation.
4. Be able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
5. Be knowledgeable of safety and use of various food service tools and equipment.
6. Be knowledgeable of operations in a full-service kitchen as to maximize output and minimize waste.
7. Be at least 18 years of age.
Minimum Physical Qualifications
1. Ability to stand, walk, climb and be mobile for 8-14 hours per day.
2. Ability to access any area of the museum quickly, including stairs.
3. Ability to push, pull and lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
4. Ability to communicate and enunciate clearly on the portable radios.
5. Ability to withstand high temperatures for extended periods of time.
6. Ability to withstand freezer temperatures for extended periods of time.
7.Possess good reflexes and physical dexterity in the hands and wrist.
8. Visual and hearing acuity.
Benefits include health, dental and life insurance; 403(b) retirement savings plan; paid time off; free membership; discounts in our gift shop and food court; and on-site parking.
Back to Employment Opportunities