Our programs support your curriculum and meet the Alabama Course of Study Standards (ACOSS) and National Science Education Standards (NSES). McWane Science Center makes science exciting and inspires exploration in each of the young minds that enter our doors.
Help us continue our mission by booking a field trip and becoming our partner in changing lives through science and wonder.
The goal of the McWane Educator Advisory Committee is to foster collaboration and learning among teachers and be an advocate for McWane’s mission to spark wonder and curiosity about our world through hands-on science.
Educator Advisory Committee members will:
1. Be involved in evaluating, piloting and developing educational programs produced by McWane’s Education Department.
2. Help connect McWane’s education programs to state standards and the needs of classroom teachers.
3. Be willing to serve on the advisory committee for a 2-year term.
4. Receive one free McWane on the Go classroom program during the school year.
5. Receive a one-year family membership to McWane Science Center.
6. Meet three times per year at the Museum.
Application deadline: September 6, 2019
Notification: September 13, 2019
The Educator Advisory Committee is open to all classroom teachers, Pre-K to 12th grade, informal educators with teaching experience, and community representatives working directly with children ages 0-18 years.
Applications must be received by McWane Science Center no later than Friday, September 6, 2019.
Learn what adventures await your class this school year at McWane.
The Field Trip Guide includes a list of upcoming exhibits, IMAX films and educational programs* for the 2019-2020 school year. It is designed to assist you in planning a field trip to McWane Science Center and learn about the educational adventures that are waiting for your class next year at McWane Science Center.
If your school or organization requires a copy of this form, you can download a certified copy of McWane Science Center’s Affidavit and Memorandum of Understanding for E-Verify.
Sign up for McWane Science Center’s EDU email newsletter and receive the latest news and educator only updates.