*SPARKING WONDER & CURIOSITY ABOUT OUR WORLD THROUGH HANDS-ON SCIENCE EXPERIENCES*
McWane Science Center counts on the Marketing Graphic Designer to produce persuasive, creative and consistent graphics –both print and digital — for marketing projects that drive attendance, memberships and contributions.
Accountabilities and Major Duties
Minimum Job Qualifications
– B.A. or B.F.A. degree in Graphic Design or Art with Graphic Design emphasis or equivalent experience.
– Experience in graphic design.
– Strong graphic design skills with proficiency in the use of MacOS 8.x and the following software: InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop.
– Thorough knowledge of printing and pre-press processes and experience in working with printing and pre-press vendors.
– Basic two-dimensional illustration skills and experience in a variety of media (i.e. pencil, pen & ink, markers, paints, etc.).
– Basic knowledge and experience in photography.
– Interpersonal skills to work effectively with McWane Science Center staff, including the President, utilizing a creative team approach.
– Strong organizational skills.
– Strong verbal and written communication skills.
– Must possess a valid Alabama driver’s license and provide proof of minimum liability insurance as required by state law.
Minimum Physical Job Qualifications:
– Must have clarity of vision from eighteen inches extending to 20 feet or more with or without corrective lenses.
– Must be able to make color determinations.
– Must be able perform work utilizing a computer for extended periods of time.
– Must be able to grasp objects utilizing the fingers (fine motor manipulation).
– Must be able to climb ladders and stairs in performing the work.
– Must be able to reach for objects above the head or below the waist.
– Must be able to carry objects on a regular basis in the arms or on the shoulder weighing up to 25 pounds.
– Sit for extended periods of time without being able to leave the work area.
– Lift objects frequently in performing the work (1-5 lbs.).
– Stoop or crouch by bending at the waist or by bending legs.
– Ability to operate a motor vehicle.
Benefits include health, dental and life insurance; 403(b) retirement savings plan; paid time off; free membership; discounts in our gift shop and food court; and on-site parking.
Please forward cover letter, resume and salary requirement to McWane Science Center Human Resources at HR@mcwane.org or fax 205-714-8400. EOE.