COMING JANUARY 23
Join us at McWane Science Center for Brickology, McWane’s newest exhibit experience!
Brickology will allow visitors to explore and be amazed by science, engineering, art, and math concepts using construction block play. This 5,500 square foot exhibit was designed and constructed by the very talented McWane Exhibits Team and will provide hours of science, learning, and fun for visitors of all ages. McWane Science Center has adjusted this exhibit experience to support current health and safety precautions related to COVID-19, providing the most engaging and worry-free experience possible.
Located on McWane Science Center’s 3rd floor, the exhibit will feature:
- Building Tables: McWane has hundreds of pounds of LEGOs for you to design your very own one-of-a-kind creations.
- Giant Jump Ramp: This 8’ tall, 20’ long ramp is for testing any vehicle you can dream up. Want to build a racecar and put it to the test? There are all types of parts such as wheels, axels, hubs, and car plates to build all kinds of vehicles to test on this big ramp.
- Earthquake Tables: Take on the challenge of these vibrating earthquake tables to see who can build the tallest, strongest, and most durable towers!
- Graffiti Walls: 5 Individual walls feature free space to design and display any LEGO creation you wish.
- City Tables: Visitors can create anything to place on the City Tables. Your only limit is your own imagination!
- Ball Machines: These intricate ball-moving machines move in fascinating ways. Entirely created out of LEGOs, the ball machines are guaranteed to be a huge hit.
- MOC Displays: In the LEGO world, MOC stands for “My Own Creation.” McWane will have some of Birmingham’s most talented Creators’ MOCs on display. Local displays will include Batman’s Arkham Asylum, a scale re-creation of the Alabama Theatre, and the massive Cyber City!
Brickology will be available with regular admission to the museum during normal hours of operation.