*SPARKING WONDER AND CURIOSITY ABOUT OUR WORLD*
McWane Science Center counts on the Visitor Experience Associate to support the daily operations of the visitor services counter and gift shop by providing excellent customer service while assisting guests with sales and information.
McWane Science Center is open to the public Wednesday through Friday from 9AM until 5PM; Saturday from 10AM until 5PM and Sunday from 12PM until 5PM.
Accountabilities and Major Duties
- Greet, inform and respond to all guests with sincerity, enthusiasm and positivity.
- Provide friendly, professional service for any customer service need and resolve or assist in the resolution of any issues with a positive attitude.
- Understand and be able to communicate clearly to guests all vital information regarding pricing, programs, exhibits, events, IMAX films and other McWane Science Center activities and areas.
- Suggest and sell memberships, IMAX films and other programs.
- Complete all guest transactions accurately and in a timely manner while maintaining a balanced cash drawer.
- Follow all opening/closing procedures as directed by supervisory staff.
- Assist in maintaining cleanliness and neat visual presentation of all front-of-house spaces including the merchandising of products.
- Assist with product check-in and established inventory procedures.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism in performing assigned duties and tasks in representing McWane Science Center.
High School diploma or equivalent.
Flexible working hours and days throughout the 7-day week including holidays.
Excellent customer service skills including strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Pleasant, outgoing personality.
1+ year cash-handling experience including the ability to count down and balance a cash drawer.
1+ year customer service experience.
Point of Sale computer experience.
Capable of working in a fast pace environment with distractions.
Working knowledge of computers.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Minimum Physical Qualifications
Ability to sit/stand for extended periods of time without being able to leave the work area.
Ability to perform work using a computer for extended periods of time.
Ability to operate a computer and register.
Visual and hearing acuity.
Ability to climb a stepladder to merchandise or retrieve products.
Ability to push and pull up to 50 lbs.
Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
Benefits include free membership; discounts in our gift shop and camp program; on-site parking and the option to participate in our 403(b) retirement savings plan including company match. McWane Science Center is closed on New Year’s Day, Easter, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
Back to Employment Opportunities